Pages

The Buzz

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Powerful

It dawned on me that the scope of my music is very lacking. Not in its message or delivery but because I realized the music I make stems from the inspiration, frustration. Its absurd that im just now realizing how spiteful my music can be. And for someone who strives to educate as well as spread a positive message my music only tears down. There is no reconstruction. My lyrics are subversive yes, to the letter, but why cant I make music with other nuggets of inspiration. A one track mind does not make a successful artist, so for now im going to take a little break on the writing just to look at the situation from a positive position. Well I shouldnt just say positive because im trying to expand what I can make music on. Whether it be love, hate, happiness, politics, or whatever in between I want to be able to speak what im feeling into a song.

In other news I watched a truly powerful clip of a debate between Bun B, a well known rapper that has been in the music industry for a while, and Lupe Fiasco, also a well known rapper and punk rock band leader debate with a school teacher. This clip was powerful because of the powerful point being made by both sides. If you want to be in the know about the popular opinion of rappers by school teachers and the like and vice versa then check it out! Wolf Out!

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh41su40q512vdD9B0

Well I dont like to leave yall hanging without some of my product so here is some poetry

I stand here in the same place that I was raised
partly, because I was raised to stand for what I believe in
what I believe in was decided by the surrounding of where I stand
So you cannot honestly stand for what you never had
You are just a stand in or replacement for what could be
an honest description of what that representation could be
is one who stands on their own two feet, not slouch on the wall or clutch onto satin sheets
just to lay up and speak what they see, not what they experienced or believe
so toss stones if you please, you wont get me to leave
surroundings have prepared me, so like it I will resist the current of the sea
like rocks pressured into daimonds as bright as the smiles I have seen
Because, I stand here in the same place I was raised

No comments:

Post a Comment